Belonging


Matthew chapter 18 verses 19 and 20.
"I also tell you this---if two of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask for, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I will be right there among them."

The church is the gathering place for people to come and learn about God. The more time spent in reading the bible the more we want to belong to a church. I struggled with going to a church. When I first started reading and loving what God was saying, my mom would encourage me to go to a church and to listen with other believers what was being said. I fought back "No way, I can do this on my own. I can grow with God at home on my own without going to a place filled with attitudes of people who will judge me." However the more I read the bible the more it spoke to me about the importance of gathering with others who believe. So after 3 years of reading and thanking God for the changes to my life, I swallowed my pride and went to a church. It took me a while and several churches to find the one that I was comfortable with. It is not that I was picky, but that I needed to sense God's presence during the service. I must have been prepared for whatever welcoming I was going to get. I stood out as a newbie and was approached right away. I really enjoyed the worship music and the message that was spoken. There seemed to be a good number of people attending of whom I had never met before. I had no idea who were the long time members and who were not. There were more elderly people than there were middle aged or young people. I guess I wanted to attend more than run away. It seemed important to stay and know more of God with others who wanted the same. I did meet a beautiful woman who believed by faith in God too and we became members of the church. My wife serves as a member of the worship team playing guitar and I help with projection along with serving on the church board. Wow! What a difference time makes in our walk with God as we belong to a church family. We are invited to church functions, to attend weekly community groups where we study the word of God and gather weekly for group prayers. What I have found is a love for God shared by others. They thirst to know more, just as I do. Together we get to praise Jesus and love God for His blessings.
There will always be wide range of emotions even within a church family. Yet we continue to grow together, sharing our love for God and learning of our Fathers love for us.
"Where 3 or more gather in prayer, our voices are heard as one by God our Father."
Thank-you Father for Your son Jesus. 😊

Colossians  chapter 4 verse 14 and 15.
"Most of all, let love guide your life, for then the whole church will stay together in perfect harmony. Let the peace of heart which comes from Christ be always present in your hearts and lives, for this is your responsibility and privilege as members of His body. And always be thankful. Remember what Christ taught and let His words enrich your lives and make you wise. Teach them to each other and sing them out in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing to the Lord with thankful hearts." 

Comments

Popular Posts