Surrender

Isaiah 41 verse 10.  Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God.

It is not easy to surrender our comfortable lives. Everywhere we go people are striving to make a living. Some are good at it and others struggle with getting bogged down, but we all have the same unknown future ahead of us. We rely on our family to support us and guide us through the younger years of our lives. But is anyone prepared for the times when we have to do it on our own? It is easy to be misled and become guarded against the world around us. God loves all of us and wants us to be kept safe, He wants us to succeed so that we can give Him our thanks. If we believe we are alone and that our future is in our hands then we will be uncomfortable, worrying about making mistakes. God does not want us to make decisions without Him. He wants us to trust in Him for everything.Through Jesus we learn that we are not alone and can trust God and His promises. What a crazy world I entered when I came out of high school. I had taken courses and had friends but was unprepared for striving. I knew I had to take control or I would fall into wrong living. I like machines so I worked during the day to make money and at night took classes that would help me. I applied for jobs in the field of machines. I had no idea what I was doing but where else was I going to go.
Now years later I see it was God who put the ideas in my head and guided my paths. I took the initiative and He provided the success. I did take the credit for putting the food on my plate and the roof over my head and found myself in bars because I was lonely. Many years went by and I felt uncomfortable, That is when I thought there has to be answers and sure enough God was there. He had been there all along and I had not given Him the credit for my life. Now God uses my past to help others have some hope. I have come to realize that God does this so that we can be testimonies to His love for all people.
The bible is filled with the promises of God and how people trusted in Him. Jesus came, just as God had promised years before and now today we too can believe in God to keep His promises to us. 
I had a thought and followed a path and found Jesus walking there too. I am glad that I am not alone.
Thank-you Father.

Jeremiah 33 verse 3. Ask I shall tell you some remarkable stories of things that are about to happen here.     

Comments

Popular Posts