Rest

Psalm 4 verse 6-8> "Many say that God will never help us, prove them wrong, O Lord, by letting the light of Your face shine down upon us. Yes, the gladness you have given me is far greater than their joys at harvest time as they gaze at their bountiful crops. I will lie down in peace and sleep, for though I am alone, O Lord, You will keep me safe."
What reason do we have for trusting in God? Why not just trust in ourselves? I was seventeen when I turned to my parents and told them I was moving away to another town and not returning to finish high school. Why did I do that? Home life was good, I just felt the need to start out on my own and I had no idea what was ahead of me, but I needed to try. I did not know that letting go of my parents meant I was on my own, they had provided and now I needed to do that. I did survive and now 40 years later I am retired starting a new journey this time I am not alone I have been blessed with a beautiful wife and friends to support me. My life experiences have taught me how easy it is to mess up, I took a lot of chances and made many wrong decisions causing me to miss out on many opportunities. God opened my eyes to see the beauty of His world and I opened the bible which changed my life forever. God gave me purpose and as I looked back I could see how God had walked with me, keeping me safe for a future with Him. I was so wrong to do things on my own, but God watched over my life and now I am able to give Him all my thanks and love. It is like I took a lifetime to grow up and let go of my stubbornness so that I could give thanks to my Father who loves me, keeps me safe and gives me direction. All of my life belongs to God who gave me Jesus, my wife, my church family and a future filled with the joy of knowing I am home.
What I like best about God is His invitation to rest and let Him take care of your worries, God says trust in me and I will help you and you will prosper. Life may go on around me, but I turn to God in praise and make time for Him everyday. At night I sleep soundly and wake up refreshed ready to start another day, but this time God is with me. I see His beauty and love in the world, in people, in Jesus and His Holy Spirit. After all the years of doing things on my own, I am happy that I am home with God.

Psalm 37 verse 8-11> Stop your anger! Turn off your wrath, Don't fret and worry-- it only leads to harm. For the wicked shall be destroyed, but those who trust the Lord shall be given every blessing. All who humble themselves before the Lord shall be given every blessing and shall have wonderful peace.

Isaiah 40 verse 29> God gives power to the tired and worn and strength to the weak.

Thank-you Father for the beautiful lives we have. 😊

Comments

  1. I have to remind myself of this truth daily..that I can rest and cast all my worries and burdens upon Jesus. He knows my worries..He knows my needs and He has always provides for me and He always will. Resting in that truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts