Layers

2 Timothy verse 22> Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right. Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts.

The layers go deep. Does it really mater how old we are or how many years we have been accumulating knowledge? It seems the more we know , the more our emotions have to play upon. Being overwhelmed takes away our "want" to be a better person. I used to always think "why me" and that is is easier to just hide away and not face the changes to myself , let alone the stuff going on around me. I did think like that until I started my journey with God and even when I picked up the bible to read it, I never would have thought my life would be where it is today. What happened was bit by bit God broke through the accumulated hate, anger, sadness and fear, my anxieties were weakened and replaced with a warm heart. It started with fixing me, quietly I began my relationship with God and Jesus taught me to trust and Oh Yes I struggled and I fought God, but the thing is His peace and forgiveness is amazing. It took a long time to clean my brokenness, my failures were replaced with the joy of doing better, sometimes things were good and other times there were still set backs, but God did not go away. He stayed close and supported me. I am not perfect, but I am more confident in myself, trusting and loving all that He has done for me. Wahoo!!!😊
We do not have to be perfect people, what we need is to be at peace with who we are and as God's children we are promised that He will lift our heavy burdens. By living with God, we see how Jesus lived and we learn of the Holy Spirit. we do not have to be the best, we do not have to be the first, it is ok to make mistakes and when we do have a hiccup in our life we find that God is right there. We are not alone anymore, we have a reason to whistle and hum a song for the happiness we are feeling and for the thankfulness we can give to God. It is our changed hearts that others see and notice. Thank-you Father. 😊
Matthew 11 verses 28 - 30> Come to me and I will give you rest --- all of you who work so hard beneath a heavy yoke. Wear my yoke---for it fits perfectly---- and let me teach you; for I am gentle and humble and you shall find rest for your souls; for I give you only light burdens.

John 8 verse 12> Jesus said "I am the light of the world. So if you follow me, you will not be stumbling through the darkness, for living light will flood your path.

Enjoy Jesus in your life today.

Comments

  1. It can take a lifetime as he moulds us and shapes us...but what a beautiful life it is as we fix our eyes on Him. Thankyou Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts