Independence

James 4 verse 6>God gives strength to the humble, but sets himself against the proud and haughty.

I never would of thought I was as helpless as I am. I have always thought I have it together, sure there are mistakes and hard times when I struggle. In my past there were a lot of self inflicted wounds that ended in laziness, hangovers and feeling sorry for myself. Do I have my life together, No way!!! and having said that, I have been led to where I am today. I realized I was alone and if I did not change then I would probably keep on the same lifestyle I was living continuing to feel sadness. I needed to let go of my old habits, I needed confidence to overcome and then it hit me, I was not alone, my life was providing me with the way out. I had just started a new job, in a small town away from the influences of others. My eye's had been opened to see the provisions that were around me and then I told myself that if there is a God, maybe it is Him who is showing me the way out. So I  called out over and over again "Lord I need you" , I picked up the bible and left behind my old ways. God is real and through Jesus I was able to overcome, now I live and breath praise for God's love in my life. The smallest of hope can change our lives if we ask God for His help.
With change came a lot of questions and emotions. My mother was always a believer and she kept telling me to go to church, and of course I argued with a beer in one hand and the bible in the other. I can do this on my own without any outside help. I continued to read the bible and seek God's help but there were just too many misunderstandings. The bible even talked about the church and to seek the help of other believers. I did let go and I did submit to God's plan, I did follow after Jesus and have been led to others. I never would ever have thought I could be set free from the years of abuse but I have been and I give all the credit to God who through His son Jesus who showed me the way out. I now love to talk about God and my salvation journey, just as I have found that so many others love to do too. I give all my praise and joy to God who sent Jesus into our lives so that we can have hope for a better life.
Thank-you Father😊
In Acts 2 you can read about everyday people who gathered with hope and how they were touched by God having their lives changed forever.

Proverbs 10 verse 19> Do not speak too much, for doing this festers sin, be sensible and turn off the flow.
God bless your day.

Comments

Popular Posts