Humility



Psalm 37>
My readings over the last 2 days have talked about how humility can be found in washing the feet of others. Yuk!!
I have always avoided doing this, maybe it is a pride thing or maybe a man thing where I think a real man does not do such things. Now many years later and my commitment to God has increased. I no longer just visit with God and Jesus but I live with them 24 hours a day. I have a relationship where I care about what God thinks of me and through Jesus I learn how to grow in my relationship with God, my Father. It just happens to be that "washing feet" is humbling yourself to those who need care. It brings compassion and love. I really struggled with doing this, I told my wife that I wanted to wash the feet of my prayer partners but that I was struggling with my emotions, mainly about what they would think of me for asking, in the long run it turned out to be very humbling for both parties. My friends enjoyed the experience as I shared the experience Jesus had when He washed the feet of the disciples and I felt the warmth of God's love around me. Humility can be given to anyone at anytime for example a kind word spoken or an offer to help someone out. Thank-you Father for your love and your humility shown through your Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 😊
Exodus 3> Matthew 4>
Following Jesus and having a relationship with God is opposite of trusting in yourself, it means we have to let go of all our ways of living and to trust in God to guide us and provide for us. It means 24 hours a day our eyes are focused on God and following the teachings of Jesus. I ask myself questions all the time for example Am I pleasing to God in all I do? and am I thanking God for everything?
God sent Jesus so that I may find my way to a better life. The life that God had planned for me all along, a life filled with love for Him and all the blessings that He means for me to have. So my heart bursts with joy, with thanksgiving and love for Him and His Son, Jesus. You gave your all so that I may live, thank-you Father, Thank-you for your Son and for the joy of your Holy Spirit in my life. Wahoo!! 😊 

Comments

Popular Posts