Consumption.
It is not hard to feel overwhelmed. God wants your thoughts to be on Him and the life Christ has brought to you.
1 Corinthians chapter 3 verse 11.
No one can ever lay any other real foundation than the one we already have---Jesus Christ.
What is it that consumes your thoughts and time?
That list is constantly changing and never stops. Addictions take a lot of time and energy. Worry and anxiety are always there, distracting us, wearing us down to the bear bones of exhaustion.
Family, work, and the fear of facing another day become the focus of the way we live. How do you find time for peace when there is so much to think about? Sure you take time to sit and rest. A good night's sleep helps for the short term. But refreshing the body will not stop our thoughts. The stuff we have to do. The things people ask of us. Our expectations of what is to come, or may happen. They all consume our lives.
In Matthew chapter 7 Jesus says, "All who listen to My instructions and follow them are wise, like a man who builds his house on a solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents, and the floods rise and the storm winds beat against his house, it will not collapse, for it is built on rock."
I was consumed by the life I lived. I did not know anything different. I did not want to trust anything other than myself. In reading the bible I found God leading me to Christ. The stories related to my life and how I needed to trust in God. Everyday I seek the guidance of God's teachings. He is the foundation on which I want my life to be securely grounded in.
The trials may come. The lost of love will happen. Sadness and heartache will pull you down. Confusion, frustration and grief leave you empty and vulnerable.
In Romans chapter 7, the apostle Paul is talking about the trials and how he wants to do right but is always doing wrong. He says, "My new life wants me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh, what a terrible predicament I'm in! Who will set me free from my slavery to this deadly lower nature? Thank God! It has been done by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free."
Jesus is the solid foundation upon which we can build our lives. Seek His guidance and build a life that is secure and filled with peace. Protected from the rest of the world. Where you are seen as helpful, caring and someone that others can trust. Where they feel welcome and comfortable. Give yourself wholly over to Him and let Him have your worries and concerns.
Philippians chapter 4 says, "Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and do not forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus."
So instead of being consumed by worldly things, build your life around Jesus and let God be the solid ground upon which you walk. Seek Him all day long. Talk with Him all the time and be obedient to living a life that is pleasing to Him. He will be the strength you need. He will provide the answers and guidance you need. He is the only place you want to look and trust in.
Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank you for being the one who interrupts our confusion. You show us the right paths. 😊
Hebrews chapter 4 verses 14-16.
Jesus the Son of God is our great High Priest who has gone to heaven itself to help us; therefore let us never stop trusting Him. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, since He had the same temptations we do, though He never once gave way to them and sinned. So let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive His mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need.
Hebrews chapter 6 verse 18.
He has given us both His promise and His oath, two things we can completely count on, for it is impossible for God to tell a lie. Now all those who flee to Him to save them can take courage when they hear such assurances from God; now they can know without a doubt that He will give them the salvation He has promised them.
Philippians chapter 3 verses 7 and 8.
All these things that I once thought very worthwhile---now I have thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have put aside all else, counting it worth less than nothing, in order that I can have Christ.



Comments
Post a Comment