The basics.

It's ok to ask questions. It can be difficult to seek the help of others but when you do you may find your way. Jesus is there for those who reach out to Him. 


Acts chapter 15 verse 11.
Do you not believe that all are saved the same way, by the free gift of the Lord Jesus?

Our beliefs may not be the same beliefs that others have. Is it your place in life to enforce your beliefs onto someone else?
   We all think differently. We all have our own thoughts, actions and expressions. We may have similar ways of getting along and fitting in but that does not make us the same. We can still have our opinions and those opinions count. 
   It is not easy listening to someone when you have an agenda. Yet, a good leader is someone who can present the goals to be achieved and at the same time take the time to hear what the others have to say. 
   When I say leader, I mean anyone who has a thought and wants others to see things the way they do. For example when you go to a job interview, you are learning the basic outline of what that job is about. The people doing the interview are there to determine if you would be someone who could fit in and get along with what is required.
   Once you have the job, you may think that your way of doing something may improve the tasks. Maybe you speak out letting someone know your thoughts. Are you that person who tells everyone else, hoping that your idea is heard? Or are you that person that whispers an idea, trying to manipulate the outcome?
   Many ideas have been tried before and are already in use so that things can get done correctly without costly mistakes. Trial and error can be frustrating but with each step taken you can learn. Have you ever bunted heads with someone? I mean have you tried to present your ideas only to have them not listened to? Has someone had to pull you aside and tell you that you are interrupting or upsetting the balance of getting along? 
   In our youth we believe what we are told. What makes sense to you may not always be right. The older we get the more experience we have with getting along and fitting in. Rules and guidelines have been put into place after many years of learning. Trial and error has blossomed into a set plan for achievement. But that does not mean we are limited or mindless in having ideas. 
    In Acts chapter 1 verse 8, Jesus speaking says, "But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about Me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, about My death and resurrection."
   Being inventive and being a good listener take practice. In order to accomplish your goal you need to learn and understand what is required. You can improve upon already set procedures as long as they reach the goal and do not affect others. For example mopping a floor can be done many ways but the most direct route that has been established gets the job done quickly and correctly. You can try something different as long as your goal is done quickly and correctly. 
   I had a hard time getting along with others. I always wanted to change things up and look for a simpler way. I was aware of the basics but I found it hard to follow the rules. I always wanted to learn, but I also wanted to make things work the way I thought they should go. I was stubborn, I did not see that I needed to fit in, and that I was the problem. At first I could not see what others were seeing. I thought my way was the best, but I was wrong. I did not want to lose my job, but the evidence was stacked against me, I needed to understand. I prayed for God's help and something happened. 
    I realized that this life is not about me but about others knowing God through me. I listened, I suggested, I asked others for their input, I let others take the lead and I kept my mouth shut. I thanked God for His love and The next time I was called in for a review, they were bewildered by my change. I could not thank God enough. I was amazed and awed. 
   I had to learn to love as God loves me. 1 Corinthians chapter 13 speaks of the type of love we are supposed to have. It speaks of the gifts we have. For example, the way we speak, but speaking so that what you are saying is understood and accepted. It says, "If I could speak in every language there is in heaven and on earth, but did not love others, I would only be making noise. If I knew everything about everything, but did not love others, what good would it do? Even if you could move a mountain, it would be worth nothing without love. Even if you were the most generous person alive, even if you were killed for your beliefs but did not love others, it would be of no value." 
   It talks of love being patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. 
   This way of talking was so different than the way I had lived up to now. I know it sounds sad but that is the truth. Life was about me and not others. I still struggle sometimes with the words I blurt out, but I am more aware of how I act, what I say and quick to seek forgiveness.
   We are to work hard at seeking God's love and following the teachings of Jesus. Only then can we put into practice what we learn and give praise to our teacher. The basics are there, all we need to do is learn them. And it starts with knowing the love God has for us through Jesus.
   1 Corinthians chapter 13 verse 12 says, "We can see and understand only a little about God now, as if we are peering at His reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see Him in His completeness, face to face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now."
   I did not realize how deep my attitude affected others, but God knew and His plan for me has been to know Jesus and live with Him, loving Him, reflecting His love for me and loving others as He loves us.
   It is crazy to think that our lives are more than just us fitting into a world, but we are to rejoice and love and sing. Jesus talked to God about everything, all the time. He loved and so should we. The joy we get is in everything we do, giving God all the praise for everything He does for us.
   The basics have been in place for years, they are tried and true. Seek God, learn from Jesus the basics.
   Thank you Father for Jesus. Thank You for answered prayers. The joy is in Your love for us. 😊        


1 Corinthians chapter 2 verse 2. 
For I decided that I would only speak of Jesus Christ and His death on the cross. 

Verses 4 and 5.
But the Holy Spirit's power was in my words, proving to those who heard them that the message was from God. I did this because I wanted your faith to stand firmly upon God, not on man's great ideas.

Mathew chapter 5 verses 44 and 45.
Jesus says, "Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way you will be acting as true sons of your Father in heaven. For he gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust too."

Matthew chapter 19 verse 26. 
Jesus said, "But with God, everything is possible."

Philippians chapter 4 verse 8.
Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about. 

1 Thessalonians chapter 3 verse 13.
The result will be your hearts being made strong, sinless and holy by God our Father, so that you may stand before Him guiltless on that day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns with all those who belong to Him. 












        

Comments

Popular Posts