Music to my ears


Psalm chapter 150.
"HALLELUJAH! YES, PRAISE THE LORD!
Praise Him in the Temple and in the heavens He made with mighty power. Praise Him for His mighty works. Praise His unequaled greatness. Praise him with the trumpet and with the lute and harp. Praise Him with the tambourines and the processional. Praise Him with stringed instruments and horns. Praise Him with cymbals, Yes loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything alive give praises to the Lord! You Praise Him! Hallelujah!"

Do you hear the music? The songs that make us hum along or sing out loudly? The music of my youth was from the sixties through to the eighties. It was a great time for music with the likes of Jimmy Hendrix, The Beatles, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Rush and so on... there are too many to list here but let's just say there were a lot of good times had listening to music. As I got older, I began listening to the music my parents liked. The singers were a lot quieter with love songs that touched our heart and big band music that people loved to dance to. The music of today does not appeal to me just as I imagine the music I liked did not appeal to my parents.
With God in my life, I have learned to appreciate so much more. Jesus loved sharing God with everyone and was accused of hanging with the wrong crowds. Jesus knew that stepping outside our boundaries was the way to let everyone experience God. I still like the songs of my youth, but now I listen to christian music, songs that talk of hope and love, songs that seem to talk directly to our lives at the right moment. They are songs of praise and thankfulness to God and Jesus for the way they have brought joy to peoples hearts. Like the days of old spoken about in the bible and throughout history, music has been used to express how people feel about God and how thankful they are for Jesus. I am so thankful for the life I have now. My heart bursts all the time with joy for God and His love. So I listen to christian music while I work. I may not have the greatest singing voice but when a song touches my heart the Holy Spirit makes me stop in my tracks and sing out. I lift my arms in praise singing directly to Jesus and thanking God for the joy my heart feels.
The song "At the Cross" speaks of the fire deep in my soul and how can it be that He loves me?
I lift my voice because He set me free.
Thank-you Father. 😊

Genesis chapter 1 verse 31.
"The God looked over all that He had made and it was excellent in every way."

Psalms chapter 100 verse 4 and 5.
"Go through His open gates with great thanksgiving, enter His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and bless His name. For the Lord is always good. He is always loving and kind, and His faithfulness goes on and on to each succeeding generation."

Psalm chapter 147 verse 1.
"HALLELUJAH! YES, PRAISE THE LORD! How good it is to sing His praises! How delightful and how right!"

Ephesians chapter 5 verse 19.
"Talk to each other much about the Lord, quoting psalms and hymns and singing sacred songs, making music in your hearts to the Lord. Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Colossians chapter 3 verse 16.
"Remember what Christ taught and let His words enrich your lives and make you wise, teach them to each other and sing them out in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing to the Lord with thankful hearts."




Comments

Popular Posts