Possessions

Philippians 4 verse 11-14> "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learnt how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learnt the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power."
I want to start by talking about the gift of eternal life. That is a pretty big promise and God offers it freely to those who believe in Him and know His Son Jesus Christ. Romans 6 verse 23> For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. What a wonderful hope that life is eternal. It is all the more reason to be happy with we are and what our lives are about.

So I ask that question "What are our lives about?" Are we to get rich and become greedy? Are we to hoard our belongings; thinking look at me and all the stuff I have. A life like that can be very insecure, always worrying about our stuff. For example is it in as good of shape as when we got it or can I afford to keep it or even worse what is someone steals it. Some people would say this is being realistic "It's my stuff so why should I not care for it?" But I say why are you putting such pressure on yourself over stuff? I dare not ask you to lend me something for if I break it you may become angry. We can be over protective of the things we love and care about. God takes that pressure off of our lives by offering us a life of peace and love. Jesus came to show us that God wants us to focus on Him and to give Him the praise for all the blessing He has given to us. Letting God have the glory for what you have is not easy to do especially when you can touch an object and say "I bought it and it is mine to do with as I please. God wants us to be good stewards of our lives, He wants us to see that all we have has come from Him, starting with our bodies minds and souls. I used to think that it was my hard work that got me the stuff I have until I looked closely at what I have and realized there is no way I could have gotten all this by my own accord. I am at peace and I do live a comfortable life all because God has brought me here. The education I achieved, He gave to me and then He guided me to succeed so that I could give him the praise and let people know that it was not me but Him. My wife and family are also from Him, helping others and sharing my life, are all from Him and it is all because God first helped me through Jesus. So my joy is not in having riches and stuff, my joy is in being thankful to God for His Son Jesus and loving me as He does. Everything is from Him and I thank Him for each day. Life is too short to miss out on the blessings God wants your heart to be filled with.
Thank-you Father for Your love and the love I have for you. 😊

Philippians 4 verses 6-8> Don't worry about anything instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise god for and be glad about it.     

Comments

Popular Posts